Saturday, April 16, 2011

It's V...still nothing new to report. I think today I've come to terms with the fact that this might take a few more days. Today was my third day with contractions. A few an hour, a couple that stopped me in my tracks, but last night was definitely the most intense and consistent they have been. Still I'm sure nothing close to how they will be when I'm in active labor.

If I make it to my appointment on Monday I'm curious what she is going to say once I tell her about the last few days. I really rather not be induced, especially since my due date isn't until Thursday, but whatever she thinks is necessary. I'm not currently miserable, but this hasn't been the most fun I've ever had lol. I have yet to let the fact that my water may break at any moment stop me from being out in public. People usually have mops in their establishments right? It's fine.

It's awesome how many of you have texted/fb messaged me saying you've got no sleep the past few nights because you keep checking the blog. By awesome I mean I feel bad!! You all get some rest tonight. I'm sure when you check in the AM you wouldn't have missed much :)

You know that list that comes up when you google "how to induce labor"... I think I've tried all of it, minus the castor oil. That just seems extreme. And gross. And really the words "drink" and "oil" shouldn't go in the same sentence. Needless to say this little girl is going to come whenever she is ready whether we like it or not. So I'm just going to stay calm and carry on...like big daddy Churchill once said.

V out.

1 comment:

  1. I know how "disappointing" it can be to be in labor for hours and not be able to hold your baby in your arms..I've been there. even after inducing labor for 16 hours still go home and try again the next week only to induce and be in labor for another 30 some hours... She will come and she will be worth all the hours of labor. Your body thru alot to prepare You and Nat for the awesome moment to come. Im soproud of my son for all his support to you. What a great husband and Daddy! Is winston getting a little concerned that something is going to happen? All my Love God Bless You! Momma,Gma Peggy

    ReplyDelete