Monday, March 28, 2011

36 and a half weeks :)

Wednesday was a rough day. Light headed all day, super uncomfortable, even the girls at work said I looked "over it." It was definitely the first day I really didn't feel like going to work. I totally could have slept on the couch all day. Needless to say I made it through the day just fine, and was very excited about my appointment on Thursday morning.  
Dr. Isdith was awesome this appointment, It's so amazing how now, with less than 4 weeks to go, she seemed almost eager to answer my questions. I haven’t really asked many questions at all so far. She was a huge help with pediatrician recommendations as well. Between a few friend recommendations and her advise we have made a decision. He is going to meet us and Natalie at Wellington hospital when she arrives :)
My exam was cake. I was all hyped up about how the internal was going to be a whole fiasco. It was easy, and according to the doctor I’m making great progress thus far. Just over 1 CM dilated and 80% effaced. Woohoo the countdown is rolling! I can’t believe we get to hold our little girl within the next few weeks!! It’s getting so close. She said I probably won’t make it to my due date but I’m not going to get my self all excited about that. I rather just keep thinking April 21st that way I don’t get anymore anxious than I am now. I came home from work the night of my appointment only to see this put together in the foyer ....


Obviously Nick is getting anxious too :)

I’m getting damn uncomfortable but still being a trooper! I worked 6 days last week, and only had Sunday off now I’m back at it today (yes...I’m patting myself on the back...I’m entitled)! I even went to a preseason baseball game yesterday! It was a bit hot, but I made it through all 9 innings, with several pee breaks and one ice cream break! I feel ok, a little more tired than usual but other than that I’m not quite miserable yet. 

The girls did a due date pool at work. It was a lot of fun having them put their guesses in. Way too many people picked dates next week. woah...that's too soon!! 


If one more person asks me how I feel at work I might loose it. It’s the same 5 questions about 100 times a day. I’m lucky to have so many clients who care to ask but really....how do you think I feel??? I know I don’t look like I feel good, thats for damn sure lol. I should wear a sign. Still the most awkward question is “are you going to breast feed?” At what point does anything get to be too personal?? I don’t know you very well Sylvia from long island who is getting a manicure at 2:30. My friends, family, co-workers and even long time customers could ask me what color my pee was this morning and I’d answer without hesitation. It’s just weird when I get strangers thinking they are my lactation consultant...seriously.
On a fun note we (meaning nick...i sat in the glider) did manage to get some things done in the nursery. He hung shelves, and built a cute book shelf/storage thing. He has made that room look so fantastic. Natalie and I are lucky girls :) We have to put up the art work on one more wall and then just wait for Jo to work her magic for the wall above the crib. So excited to see what she does. It’s going to look awesome, she is an amazing artist!! 

We have a busy week ahead. Nick’s aunt and uncle are coming in town Thursday and staying with us for the night! It will be fun to hang with them a bit before they jump on a cruise ship. Then Nick’s buddy Ryan, his wife and kids are coming down to visit friends of theirs who happen to live in the neighborhood across the street from us! Small world!! I’m excited to meet them, hopefully we will all get to do something fun. Saturday night is my brothers 25th birthday, so we will be at my moms for a bbq. I’ll get to see some family there, probably for the last time before Natalie gets here!! Getting stoked! Ok I'm off to cook some dinner. I have another doctor appt Thursday so I’ll update again after :)

4 comments:

  1. Nat's room looks amazing!! And I'll take the 19th on that Due Date Pool ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the room - I can't believe how soon the big day is!!!!
    Feel good, hang in there, and don't work too hard!!
    Natalie is one lucky little lady, can't wait to see pictures of her gorgeous face!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am excited to meet you guys too!

    ...And that baby will be here so soon. Her room looks fantastic!

    I am going with Monday, the 4th! (Because we will be in town!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. God Bless your new little family...Baby Natalie will be here so soon...we all can't wait to kiss & love her up!! Get some rest, hope you sleep better...love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete