Monday, March 14, 2011

It's crunch time!

Last week I hit the "only have 6 weeks left" mark. Woah! Lots of overwhelming feelings showed up, and needless to say by the time Friday came it was a bit of a rough day. Work is still busy and I find myself moving a little slower than usual. Errands and tasks I used to rock and roll through during the week seemed to build up and when the end of the week hit I was mentally and physically just done. This is to be expected from what I'm told. And considering at 34 weeks I'm just starting to feel this way I'm pretty lucky. I have been a tough preggo cookie, not skipping a beat through most of my pregnancy... aside from forgetting most things... and being a total space cadet. I sent out my sister in law's birthday card last week with no address on it. Obviously I assumed the USPS staff of Arlington Heights, Illinois should know exactly where she lives. BOOM. I'd be shocked if half of my baby shower thank you cards don't come back the same way. It's fine. Did I mention how HUGE my belly is?!?!?!



Anyway, Saturday we had the first half of our birthing class. It was very informative. We actually learned a ton and I left feeling more overwhelmed, however, at least now I understood why. No I'm exaggerating, it was a really great class. She talked us through a lot of the process, and we did some lamaze, and labor positioning (awkward). I also feel way better about trying to do this drug free. It was great to hear some positive thoughts on natural delivery as opposed to having people ask "so you're getting an epidural, right?". We have the 2nd portion of the class this coming Saturday. Nick got homework hehehehe. He has to pack the bag for the hospital. It's cute :) Did I mention I'm getting pretty damn uncomfortable?!?!?!



Most of the time I can't put a finger on why I'm overwhelmed, but I think a lot of it is just how close we are getting to labor and baby!! It's exciting, and nerve wracking all at once. We are making progress in the Nursery though, so that's awesome. Nick painted yesterday and I love the color. It looks like a kids room now, and the colors really all look great together. Once we finish up we can start organizing and hanging all the art work!! I'll take some pics when it's done for sure. Did I mention I still have heartburn!?!?!?!

I bought my mom a pak n play last week too. She is all excited to have her first piece of baby gear. She is going to be watching Natalie a few days a week for us, so we thought that would be perfect for her at her home office. So much to think about lol. Did I mention I have to spread my legs to sit in a chair comfortably, and I waddle everywhere?!?!?

I don't have another appointment till the 24th. Then I see them every week up until delivery. Hooray for INTERNALS!! lol. Even just typing the word "delivery" gets me all giddy. 37 more days till my due date. Holy man alive. We have so many March b-days to celebrate this month, I'm definitely hoping she hangs in there till April. It's a less busy month for this family lol. Did I mention this has really been an absolutely AMAZING experience so far and I really am a LUCKY girl!?!?!?! :)

Ovaltine, then bed! Prenatal workout in the AM! Good night :)

3 comments:

  1. You look great. You made a comment about a natural birth and I definitely think you can do it. We had Jackson naturally and I was so glad we did. I was lucky because my labor was relatively short. Water broke at 2:30am, contractions really got going around 5 and he was born at 11:40am. I was so glad that Shane was so strong and I'm sure that Nick will be awesome during the experience. Anyways, I just wanted to cheer you on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GORGEOUS!!! You have the most flawless, perfect preggo belly!!!! I can't believe how soon the big day is. Enjoy every second and feel good mama!!!!! xoxoxoxo
    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much fun! You are nervous because it's so exciting and you just never know when it could happen! Maybe it will happen when we are in Florida! I would say, if you need the epidural, GREAT, if not, that's GREAT too! Either way, you will do fine and it will be the best experience of your life (you won't think that until the baby is out, but once she is out you will totally forget what you went through just seconds before!)

    Can't wait to meet you! (And if we are lucky, we will get to meet Natalie too)

    ReplyDelete