Monday, November 29, 2010

Week 20...half way baked!

There are many things this week I am in disbelief about. 
1. I'm already half way through my pregnancy!
2. I gave in and bought a bigger bra yesterday hoping to grow into it over the next few months and apparently a 34D is my CURRENT size....SHEESH! 
3. I still don't think I felt her move yet ::sigh:: I had some weird bubbly feeling last night but I'm unsure.
4. Subscribing to Consumer Reports as a parent-to-be is an awesome way to completely confuse yourself more than you were before. Although it did help change my mind on a stroller. 
5. Finding out the sex of the baby really makes everything so much more real!! 

Ok so aside from all those discoveries I'm still feeling awesome. Still hanging out with H&H (headaches and heartburn). Leg cramps are a new fun symptom. The real excitement comes after you cramp when you wake up the next day sore like you ran an uphill 5K. 

Got a chance to take mom to Buy Buy Baby over the weekend. That store is like the Disney World of baby gear!! It was funny listening to her talk about how they used to do things when I was little. "Babies for dummies" is her favorite line. It's true though, some of the things they have for basic baby care are sooooo over the top.  Vibrating mattresses?!?! $50 for an infant bathtub?!?! Diapers that change color when wet?!?! It's a little much. Regardless, registering should be fun, and hopefully I'll get some good tips on what's necessary and what's ridiculous. I've already started getting boat loads of advice from every Estelle, Sylvia, and Harriet at work... Gotta love it. Many of them still convinced that ultrasounds don't work.... you're having twins. Ok ladies, calm down lol. 

I get to see Nick's family this week!! I can't wait for Ryan and Dana's wedding!! 
It's going to be B-E-A-UTIFUL!! And I'll be sober which means I'll remember all of it lol. They all seem so excited for us but it will be fun to hear it in person :)

I have an OB appt tomorrow at 9:45 to do the routine heartbeat check and questions with my Doctor. Then I have another ultrasound scheduled for January 4th, and by then I'm sure I'll be gearing up for baby shower planning!! 

It's that time of night...Breyer's is calling :)

3 comments:

  1. I think it's time for another belly photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Nick! :)

    ...it all sounds so great V. I'm so glad you're feeling (fairly) well - I haven't started with heartburn yet but headaches seem to be a regular nowadays, blah!

    Feel good mama. I can't believe you're 20 weeks.. more then half way there by now!

    xoxo
    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited to see you! I can't believe you're already halfway through!!! The time is flying way too fast! Tangerines are in the fridge and the Nutella's in the cupboard when you get to our place...

    Love ya! DM

    ReplyDelete