Tuesday, January 25, 2011

BANG BANG!


I missed a week! My third trimester really started off with a BANG....BANG! The first bang started Last week Tuesday when I did the glucose test. It wasn't bad at all, only had to sit for an hour and the drink wasn't gross. However, they called me on Friday and told me my numbers came back high. Yes, I have ice cream every night, but other than that I eat a healthy very well balanced diet. I'm pretty pissed. Now I have to go take another test this week. This time it's a 3-hour test and they take your blood every 30 minutes. Not excited. I'm going this Friday because they had nothing available any sooner. Everyone keeps telling me there no way I'm diabetic, not they way I eat. But who knows, we will find out soon enough.

The second bang is a doozy. I had a slight sore throat most of last week, and was hoping to just fight it with OJ and vitamin C. Unfortunately I was unsuccessful. After not sleeping from coughing and a wicked sore throat all weekend, I took my happy ass to med express Monday. I called the OB first and they ask me to get tested for strep just incase. No strep thank goodness, just sinusitis. Even though the OB advised it, I’m still reluctantly taking a Z-pack. Hopefully that will kick this cold out of me. Being sick and pregnant is no fun at all. I think I pulled an ab muscle coughing my lungs out. And don’t get me started with all the other joys that come along with a cough. Boys read this…so ill skip it. Nick is a good nurse, he keeps encouraging me to focus on how blessed we are to be having a little bundle in a few months. My mom also has been on it with soup deliveries and help with work. I’m a very lucky girl J

On a fun note, I have another check-up Thursday. I'm excited to see how my weight gain has progressed, and I think I get to schedule my 4D ultrasound appt. So exciting!! I think I might also be getting the blood type shot. Stoked to get that out of the way as well. I registered with the hospital last week as well. When i called to sign nick and I up for birthing classes they had me register first. Very exciting, we got to pick 3 classes from a list and I signed Nick up for "daddy boot camp" hehehe!! Thursday is my 28th week mark...woah! I'm really getting there! Our peanut is so active, she moves so much, and it’s my favorite thing. The best is when Nick is there to feel or see it too J

We officially have baby furniture in the nursery! Nick built the crib and the dresser last week. He walks in there each day and shakes the crib to make sure its sturdy. He is so cute :) The dresser didn't come with directions, so that was challenging, but still came out perfect.






I not feeling my best so I apologize for the boring post lol. I want to do another update after all my appointments this week. Hopefully with good news and more fun stuff to discuss :) 

4 comments:

  1. I love you beautiful girl! You'll feel better soon! I promise! You're such a great mommy-soon-to-be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the new look as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's to another week down Princess Tinklepants!

    Nick + tools = I'd give it a good shake too.

    Hope you guys are well. Ryan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you V! You are sucha trooper you always have been! Your gonna be a spectacular Momma! Miss u! xoxo -PS the furniture A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E! ;)

    ReplyDelete