Tuesday, December 28, 2010

MMMM Holiday Treats!

So week 23 was hectic to say the least. Work was insane...just how i like it! I didn't get to post, but it was eventful none the less. For the first time in a while I felt dizzy and exhausted by the time i got home. I forget sometimes I should be taking it easy. On a fun note, Cookies, cake, candy, and chocolate are some of my favorite things about the holidays. And I definitely didn't hesitate to indulge this year.

Christmas Eve was at our house, things were going....well they were going lol. Gotta love family drama. We had a nice ceiling leak at about 8:00, just in time to bring out the tiramasu cake. My uncle and dad proceeded to cut holes in our ceiling trying to figure out the problem. Luckily it's just a shower plumbing issue that can be fixed without breaking the bank. Hopefully. Hooray for added stress Nick and I didn't need, but we were lucky it happened when it did. Me and my belly however were a hit!! I wore the same dress I wore to Ryan and Dana's wedding. It still fit ok, so that made life easy.

Christmas morning Nick and I exchanged gifts. He thinks he is funny and proceeded to put nipple cream and nursing pads in my stocking. Ok so it was actually hilarious at my expense. But he more than made up for it. He got me an awesome baby book, a few cute natalie gifts, Wii active game, Toms (shoes), relax fit sweet pants, and some (cover my hiney, comfy) underwear. He did very good :) After I tried on 4 different dresses until finding one that fit we headed to moms in the afternoon. She cooked up a storm! I ate like royalty!! It was amazing. Sober holidays are a new thing for me, but I'm enjoying watching the demise of everyone else. ENTERTAINMENT!

Mom's birthday the next day was also fun, more eating, and deserts! Nick and I got her a "I love going to Grandma's" onesie. She proceeded to place it on her shoulder all night and ask people if they wanted to hold Natalie. I think she is a little excited...or slowly slipping off her rocker. Either way I love her :)

I had a check up this morning. Today I am exactly 24 weeks. Wow time is flying! Everything went well at the appointment. I gained 3 pounds this month!! I'm so excited! I've gained 8 total so the doctor was happy with that number. She then referenced how smaller framed girls tend to BLOW UP (yes she said that) in the 3rd trimester. So I shouldn't concern myself with low wait gain anymore. I wanted to ask her what the medical terminology was for "BLOW UP," but i skipped it. I'm comfortable with being the size of a small villa before this baby shows up :) I have to do a glucose test in 3 weeks, then in 4 weeks at my next checkup they will administer the blood type shot I need. I'm A negative so to prevent any possible complications with the baby they have a shot to make sure there aren't any issues at birth. Whatever works, sign me up!

Other than that, I'm still as text book pregnant as ever. I have pretty much every listed symptom in the book, but its ok!! I'm getting so so excited. She has also been kicking up a storm lately. We are going to have an excellent soccer player. Nick has felt her several times, and mom did too a little. I sat on the couch after dinner tonight with my hands on my belly just smiling. Even at work when it's busy and I can feel her move it puts an immediate smile on my face. The coolest is when I can tell she just shifted herself, more than just a leg jab....it's awesome!! Did i mention my belly button is still awkward??

Ok I'm hitting up the freezer, I bought ice cream sandwiches today to mix it up. I was getting bored with plan vanilla. I also bought these fruit things I love, they are for kids but i don't care. They were on sale 7/$5.00, so I stocked up. I did have to explain to the checkout women why two of them were empty when I got to the register. She clearly looked down at my belly and then told me I was cute.

2 comments:

  1. Great post V! I chuckled all the way through :) Glad everything is going so well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this - you sound so happy and great.. I hope you're feeling good and enjoying every second. Happy new year - now post a new belly picture!!
    Love,
    Courtney
    (p.s. I'm up 6 pounds at 17 weeks - I'm going to blow up, ahhhhhh!) lolol

    ReplyDelete