Thursday, May 17, 2012

TODDLER-HOOD (13 Months)!!

Natalie and Maizy having a pool day :)
Daddy's favorite soccer team won the championship!!!!
Look at that belly!!!!
Fun tent from Chalie and Michelle!






This is by far my most favorite age!!! I say that just about every other month but seriously this time....so much fun. Miss Natalie is fast approaching 13 months!! She is a walking machine. The last month watching her go from a few steps to frankenstein walking to a pro has been amazing. Something about your little one walking by themselves makes my eyes well up. The best is when we get out of the car and my hands are full she just follows me inside (with a little pep talk along the way). It may take us 9 minutes to get from the car to the door but it's worth it!!

We had a fabulous time at Liz and Adam Rama's B-E-A-UTIFUL wedding over the weekend. I love seeing all my old girl friends, I miss everyone so much being way down here in SOFLA! They are amazing, its just like old times when we all get together. I love catching up with everyone!

How Nick, myself and bean managed to begin to outgrow our house is beyond me. But it's happening!! There is stuff everywhere...and no we aren't moving. How do you build an addition on a zero lot line property that backs up to the 13th hole???....any suggestion???

I still miss my dogs...I'm not going to elaborate at all, but it's tough being home alone when Nick is gone without puppies to keep me company. We are all still sad...but getting better.

On a happy note Nick will be home all next week!!! Then Friday we are off to NJ/NYC for some memorial day fun with the soon-to-be "Serafyn's!" Our next family trip will be up to WISCO for some family fun! I'm so excited for everyone to see Natalie cruising around like a champ. It would be awesome if she could work out a few good words before then too! Right now we have "mama", "dada", "hi" and "NAH-NAH!! " and a point when she wants something. She is understanding more and more each day, it's unbelievable how fast they catch on.

SIDE NOTE: Tooth number 7 is making it's entrance.

Her eating is still a comedy show lol. She does awesome with breakfast, and usually lunch, but dinner not so much. A few nights a week she will shock me and eat a full meal. She is still anti-meat, even when I disguise it. I'll take suggestions on that too, thanks! She loves PB&J on whole wheat, yogurt, any and all fruit, some veggies especially peas, sweet potatoes, and more peas, granola bars too. What kid doesn't like chicken nuggets?? Oh miss Natalie lol She is a trip. Such a picky stinker. Hand her a pouch of anything and she will suck it down in 30 seconds!! Good things there are some nutritious options to choose from. Kale, Quinoa, Barley, Spinach, she loves it!! Thank goodness for Plum pouches!! We will get there. She loves her milk so that's been great. And we are now weaning her morning bottle. It should be eliminated in the next week or so and then we will only have the night bottle left...oh boy.

I should be cleaning my "office" right now. It's really a playroom, with a desk in it, that I sit at maybe once every other week. But it's "Happy Mommy Beer Thursday" today, so me and my Blue Moon summer wheat brew will take our time. For those of  you who need a description of my made up weekly holiday here it is. After the usually Monday-Thursday without my handsome hubby at home to help me with our favorite little girl, lets be honest, I need a beer. So every Thursday night, after I put Bean to sleep and clean up, I have ONE new beer I haven't tried yet. You're jealous...I know.

It's storming outside, and Nat's out cold with her mouth wide open, ignoring all the thunder and lightening. I love my good little sleeper. She goes to bed on her own btwn 7:30-8:00 every night and 85% of the time I don't hear from her till 6:30-7 every morning. Not sure how long she is going to keep this up but I'm so thankful for my sleep. Now I just have to work on getting myself to sleep before 11:00!

Our every other Friday night sitter might not be able to watch Natalie sleep tomorrow night. Date night may have to be rescheduled. We are very lucky we found such a nice girl to let us go be adults every other week. We are still looking for a during the week sitter though. I have a few weeks covered but it's really getting down to the wire. I have two interviews set up for next week so fingers crossed :)

Natalie makes a new funny face that I must share. She does it all day long and I crack up! She may look like her daddy, but she is funny like her mommy :)


2 comments:

  1. V!
    She is SO SO cute and getting SOOO big!!!!! I love reading your blog so much - it's like a glimpse into that (not so far) future!!
    Layla loves meat (chicken, turkey, crock pot beef) but hates hamburger meat! Have you tried just shredding it up really fine?? At least she's loving her veggies and fruit - does she eat tofu? That's our next adventure.
    Miss & love you - kisses to Nat!
    xo
    C

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have tried tofu, she will eat it, but it's hit or miss. The last two night she has eaten whole wheat pasta with meat sauce. So we are getting there. I don't know what I would do without PB&J! That's so awesome miss Layla loves meat, very good for them at this age! I love your blog too!! I hope Layla's sleeping gets better for you guys, hang in there :)

      Delete