Friday, September 30, 2011

5 months and 1 week :)



Our bean is getting so big! She officially sits up! It’s the coolest thing ever. She can play from a whole new angle, and is loving it. She also started throwing her hands up and down the last few weeks which usually results in a toy flying backward without warning. And she lifts her hands up when you walk over to pick her up. It completely melts my heart. She rolls all over the place and tries to drag herself across the floor head first lol. Winston is still hysterical, she loves to splash in the tub (I’m usually drenched afterwards). We have been getting much better at peek-a-boo, and she seems to have a longer attention span for reading time lately. She smiles at everyone! So far no stranger anxiety yet.  
We bought her a walker cause it’s nice and small and folds up. I needed something I can bring it to work, friends houses, & grandpa’s house easily. She can only scoot backwards, it’s cute. I thinking about switching her to her big car seat here soon. She hates the infant one, and it’s such a pain in the hinny. Now the trick is which one to buy without breaking the bank, (we need 3) I have one already. 
We went to the doctor today, i have yet to be able to call and ask a question without them making me come in for a visit. But today I was ok with it. Sometimes I feel like a monthly check up would be better these first few months. I had lots of questions today, and I’m sick of looking things up online. I get to many opinions and not enough educated answers. 
We talked a lot about Natalie’s awesome day time schedule and what a happy girl she is all day. Then lots about how she doesn’t like to sleep at night anymore without waking up multiple times for no reason. I probably get one good night of sleep a week now. They rest are interrupted 3 and 4 times to put the binky back in her mouth. I had received advice from two mom friends that I need to suck it up and let her “cry it out”, but today when the pediatrician said it, it seems more serious. I’m not excited about it. I’m going to start tonight since Nick doesn’t have to work tomorrow, and I don’t go into work until 12:00. I’m starting with 10 minutes because that’s probably all I can handle. THIS IS LAME! 
On a fun note Natalie is a champ with solid foods so far. She has eaten apples, bananas, peaches, pears & prunes with her oatmeal in the mornings. Veggies she has had carrots, zucchini, butternut squash, peas, green beans & sweet potatoes! She seems to like the vegetables better than the fruit so far. Maybe it’s cause the oatmeal is gross. We will see. Tonight she is getting avocados for the first time, then next week we do mangos for the first time. This is so much fun! I have been making all of her veggies, but I’ve been buying Earth’s Best stage 1 for her fruits. They seem to be one of the most affordable brands that has a perfect ingredients list that looks like this- 
Ingredients: organic bananas. 
Everything else has tuna oil, and chloride, and other stuff i can’t pronounce (or spell). A few more weeks and we can do meats! There is no way in hell I’m feeding her the meat in the jar stuff. It looks like dog poop. pureed dog poop. I’m sure I’ll get lazy at some point but for today this is my stance. 
Her stats today were still great. She is 5mths and a week today. The white spot on her leg is DEFINITELY a birth mark (sigh of relief). She weighs 14lbs 8oz now! Over a pound bigger from her 4mth check up. And still has a cute butt and no hair lol. 
Last weekend I took on the project of washing all of her 6mth clothes. It took 3 loads, holy crap. I then packed up pretty much all of her 3mth or 3-6mth stuff. We visited with Natalie’s friend Maizy (2 weeks old) the other day and delivered a bag full of clothes. I kept most of it however for potentially baby #2. 
I can’t believe it’s october already! Where did the summer go, not that I’m complaining...it’s hot and I’m over it, I want to open up the house already!!! We are going to the pumpkin patch one of these weekends so we can take some pics with bean. I think in November we are going to have the photographer that did Natalie’s Newborn pictures take some photos of us for Christmas cards. An exciting few months coming up! I really want to just stop time and spend everyday playing on the floor with my little girl. She is so much fun, I love this age, she is getting so big so fast. I need another one lol. NOT NOW OBVIOUSLY! But soonish :)



No comments:

Post a Comment