Saturday, September 3, 2011

4 Months....and a few weeks lol


Oh my gosh....it’s been too long again. I’m bullet pointing.
Nat had her 4 month checkup on August 23rd. She was 13lbs.6oz. 24 3/4 inches. 75% for height, 50% for weight, and 60% for dome. 
-We have started food: she has had organic homemade peas and zucchini and string beans. I love my breeza baby food maker. It’s awesome. So far she has likes everything, I got smiles with the zucchini (she is Italian). In Wisconsin she will get organic carrots from the store. I won’t have time to be making baby food on our trip lol. We tried rice first and it seemed to be binding, so we are now doing oatmeal instead in the mornings. She sits in the bebe pod seat to eat right now. I’ll break out the highchair soon I’m sure. 
-She rolls over the hard way now. From back to front!! The first time was Monday night but she quickly was back on her back, then she did it again last night and stayed on her belly, but I missed it (I was doing dishes dammit).
-Aunt Jo got in town on Thursday the 25th, Natalie was so excited to play with her. Jo is in love lol.  Then Jo and I took off Saturday early morning for our friend Tara’s bachelorette party!!! It was so much fun, felt so weird to not have to look at the clock, change a diaper, feed anyone lol. I missed her by about 4:00pm that day. Not to bad, I think I did good! Speaking of doing good, daddy watched her over the two days and he did fantastic!! She doesn’t like to nap for him, but I think it’s because he is just so much fun :) He did an awesome job, multiple people were amazed by his courage!! I’m a lucky girl!! He really is an excellent dad!
-She talks up a storm, and now figured out she can screech....very loud. It’s adorable, I think she scares herself doing it.
-Winston cracks her up. He doesn’t even have to do anything and she laughs uncontrollably at him.
-She was still struggling with staying asleep all night, getting up multiple times for her bink. I was really starting to miss the days when she would go down at 10:30 and wake up at 7:30. What happened. The last 5 days however, she has been sleeping much better. I’m thrilled. Who knows how long it will last but I’m enjoying the 11:00-7:00 stretch without a peep :) 
-The pediatrician said she definitely sees a tooth. I thought I was a total crazy person, but its there. Very tiny, still hasn’t broken all the way threw, but she seems to be in a bit less pain as she was 2 weeks ago. We did Tylenol a few nights and one Monday she was really sad, cranky, and in a lot of pain. Mom watched her and gave her a few doses. I was told absolutely no orajel, so we tried an ice cube in that little mesh thing. She is a fan, and can hold it herself without a struggle now.
-We had to visit the pediatrician on Thursday (9/1). She has a little yeast infection in the diaper area, and possibly a UTI. Poor baby girl. I freaked out thinking I’ve been doing something wrong. The doctor said absolutely not, some little girls are just more susceptible to them, especially in the summer time. She is on a cream and amoxicilin. I guess better this week than next week when we are up north. 
-Speaking of, we are getting so excited (me, nervous) for our trip. We can wait for Natalie to meet some awesome family and friends. Should be good times. I’m a little nervous about the plane ride, and I’m sure her schedule will be a mess with all the visiting and event we have going on. We will just have to keep our fingers crossed. It’s all worth the potential fussiness to get to spend time with good people!! She is a good girl as long as you keep her busy so we will see. We should have plenty of warm clothes just in case, but right now the weather is looking gorgeous!! A break from the heat and humidity will be great!!
-She is so fun, so many new things happening this last month!! She wants to be standing all the time. She refuses to sit in your lap, she wants to be UP! Such strong soccer legs like her daddy. She loves the jumperoo and the exersaucer. The swing hasn’t been used in over a month. It’s getting fazed out of her life, and the living room. She giggles, plays with her feet, puts everything in her mouth, loves to be loud, and be on her belly. We are moving right along, It’s absolutely amazing how such a little girl can bring us so much love!! We are so blessed :)

1 comment:

  1. Don't be nervous of the plane! If she cries, it's ok-- people can suck it up or put on head phones. Have a bottle handy and trade off! :) (Just what has worked for us!)

    Can't wait to see you guys!

    ReplyDelete