Tuesday, May 24, 2011

I’m kidnapping my mom-in-law

Nick’s mom has been hear for the last 10 days and I have decided she cannot leave. She is a huge help, I’m officially scared for when she is gone. Natalie loves her, she has some kind of magic touch that I need to develop before saturday. CRAP! This week is also Nick’s first work trip, so I’m lucky grandma is still here.
Anyway, our little girl is getting so big!! She was 4 weeks old Saturday and i cannot believe how much she has changed just in the last week. We weighed her today and she weighs 9lbs 6oz. Moving right along. This afternoon I have to go through her drawers and start taking out all the newborn clothes. She is too long for a lot of the sleepers, so we will make room for the 3 month old stuff. She holds her head up like a champ, can focus and follow moving objects, and I’m pretty sure she knows how to fake cry for attention lol. 
Last weekend we got to attend an AWESOME wedding in Orlando. We brought grandma with us and Natalie and her spent some quality time together. I was anxiety ridden for the first few hours. Nick took my phone away so I couldn’t bother his mom with  “just checking in” text messages all evening. She did awesome of course. It was great to see all my friends from college!! Brooke and Kevin threw a terrific party (I had no doubts). We all went out afterwards, but I dragged myself home early to feed Nat. My boobs grew to watermelons by 11:30PM so i knew it was time. Jo came back with us sunday and it’s been so fun having her here. She painted us AMAZING artwork for Natalie’s room. It matches her bedding! We also got a FANTABULOUS piece of artwork from our sister-in-law Dana! It’s so cute, it has a baby giraffe and elephant on it. Such talent we have around us! I can’t wait till Nick gets home to put everything up (pictures will come).
Sleeping has been getting a bit better. On a great night I’m only up once between 10-7. But usually its still twice a night, I’m getting used to it. Thank god for spark and tylenol for the exhaustion headaches. She still has her fussy times during the day, but I can’t complain. She has been so alert and active during the day now!! It’s so much more fun to get to chat with her, watch her look around, and play :)
She eats like a heifer lol. Still 8 times a day and 4oz of pumped milk when she gets a bottle. I have a feeling by next week I will be washing all the bigger bottles. She even gets mad when we take food away to burp her. It’s cute lol. 
Jo has been a trooper! She almost changed a diaper today. If I have anything to do with it she will get a good poop one before she leaves. 
I can’t stop kissing her cheeks!! It’s still about 50/50 on who she looks like. It changes daily, I see Nick from the nose up. She definitely has my lips. We have our fingers crossed for blue eyes! It’s pretty amazing how this little person has our features! So in love :)

We finally got all the pictures back from the photographer. Nick wants to do some editing before we post them but here is a sneak peak. 


Here is a recent photo from today, just hanging out in her bouncer.





1 comment:

  1. She is so cute! Can you believe how fast they grow out of clothes?! Glad things are going well.

    ReplyDelete