Sunday, May 15, 2011

delayed post!

I wrote this on Wednesday! Forgot to post it lol. 
The last two and a half weeks feels like two and a half months! She has grown and changed so much in such a short time it’s amazing. Nick and I have been adjusting and adapting as quickly as possible. We learn new things about our little girl everyday. She is the cutest thing ever. Some of my favorites are the “milk drunk” face, her gassy smiles, when she makes kissy lips, and when she makes a little noise while she sneezes. These probably sound pretty lame to most people, but they are the things that make me forget about how exhausted I am! 
Friends, family and neighbors have been terrific bringing us food, helping out, and spoiling us with gifts. My clients at work are so generous, keeping me busy writing lots of thank you notes. We are a lucky little family!! 
We went to the doctor on tuesday again. She weighed in at 7lbs 15oz., which is awesome! She is gaining the ounce a day she should be, which again I’m taking credit for lol. I have been able to pump so Nick has been helping with feeding as well. Saturday I went to a wedding and he and Natalie spent the whole day together. Myself and everyone at the wedding were so impressed with his braveness!! He did fantastic, home alone with a 2 week old, what a great daddy :)
Natalie has been nicknamed “fuss bucket” by mommy and daddy. She is generally a happy little girl but she has a few hours each day of fussiness. We asked the pediatrician about it and she suggested trying a few gas relievers. Gripe water and Mylocin were purchased immediately, and we have been mainly using the Mylocin. I’d say it definitely helps a little depending on the time of day, but i’ll take the improvement even if it’s in my head lol. Luckily she is so cute I can’t even get frustrated :)
My first Mother’s Day was fun, we went to my moms for dinner and saw family. Natalie behaved herself, and was the center of attention all afternoon. It was so cute! Nick got me an awesome Jogger and a new pair of kicks for moms day! Can’t wait to start working out, I’m counting down the days :) 
We have made a few car trips and errand runs this week and she did pretty good. Once I had to stop, park the car, change her diaper and feed her in the back of the element. Not too bad though! I’m impressed she seems to like the car and sleeps most of the time. 
She doesn’t have too much of a schedule yet. She eats during the day every 2.5-3 hours, sometimes I have to wake her at the 3 hours mark. At night if I’m lucky she will do one 4 hour stretch. Those are the good nights!! Generally I’m up between 1-2 and 4-5 in the morning. The good part is 80% of the time she goes right back to sleep after a few minutes of rocking. Nick is great. He gets up with me usually at the 4-5 AM feeding and changes her diaper while I peel myself out of bed. Some mornings she even falls back to sleep long enough for me to jump back in bed too! Once I switch her over to formula I’ve heard she will sleep better. Breastfeeding is definitely draining, but has it conveniences too. 
We have lots of visitors and busy weekends coming up. Our friends Tiff and Jonathan are coming to visit from Tampa this saturday and sunday! Then Nicks mom gets in town sunday night. She will be here for 2 weeks, I’m so excited for her to meet Natalie, and the extra hands cant hurt! Then we are going to Orlando for a wedding on the 21st. Peggy is coming with us to babysit, cause she is flippin’ awesome!! Jo is coming to stay with us for that following week. Then the first weekend in June we have Nicks brother Ian, his girlfriend, and our friend Jay in town!! Woohoo :)
This is a huge post. I know I’m skipping over lots of details, but to sum things up Natalie is amazing, I can’t stop kissing her little head. I’m exhausted but some how functioning on 4-5 hours of sleep! Mommy-hood is amazing, yet far from glamourous lol. I have a wonderful husband and a great mom who have been a huge help. Couldn't have made it through these first few weeks without them both :)

No comments:

Post a Comment