Thursday, July 17, 2014

2 Months! 3 Months! House stuff! And Family Fun!


So clearly moving with a 3 year old and a 4 week old kept me from posting for quite a while. Lots has happened since my last post, so here goes the short of it! We closed on both houses the week of May 13th, and the four of us moved in with my parents! They were awesome and a HUGE help the whole time we were there. My mom cooked, cleaned and did our laundry. Everyone pitched in with both girls, and Nick and I (mainly nick) orchestrated all kinds of fun projects going on at the house. We stayed at the Sheehan Residence for 2 weeks and a few days. It could have been a bit sooner, but I didn't want the girls breathing paint fumes. Plus I at least had to have a functioning kitchen, bathroom and Nat's room ready for action.

During our stay there was also a lot going on with the girls. Natalie was finishing up Tot time at school, so i got to attend an end of year party/graduation. It was adorable and I was so glad to have my mom watch Kaitlyn so I could be there with Natalie. Kaitlyn and I continued to struggle breastfeeding so after talking with a few friends with SP background, I had Natalie's SP come over and evaluate her for me. Mrs. Michelle is amazing, and I really don't know what I would have done without her! She recommended I have her lip and tongue tie released. This was causing Kaitlyn to struggle and me to have lots of discomfort. Best. Decision. Ever. My mom came with me to the appointment, thank goodness cause I was a hot, hot mess.  It was a difficult decision and I think I cried for 3 days, but we are now doing beyond amazing nursing, and I know KK and I wouldn't have made it to this point without having the procedure done.

Kaitlyn is growing like a weed. At her two month checkup she was in the 90th percentile for weight and 75% for height. I love my little chunker!! lol. I just weighted her last week at 3 months and she was 14 pounds. We outgrew our 3 month stash of clothes before we were actually 3 months. She is wearing all 6 month stuff now, and size 2 diapers! She is such a happy baby. Constantly smiling, she loves Natalie. She watches her and giggles at everything she does. She loves to be talked too and will have a whole little conversation with you. Its beyond adorable. Definitely my easy baby. She likes to eat, she's been nursing about every two hours (except at night) up until last week. Now she goes about 3 hours. At night she gives me one 4 hours stretch usually from 10pm-2am. Then she's up every 2-3. We stayed at my moms this last week cause the fireplace was being removed (dusty is an understatement), and she slept in the rock n play sleeper. That thing is like baby crack. She slept from 10-5.....WTF! I couldn't believe it!! Now I don't know whether to break the rules and have her become addicted to sleeping in it so I can get 6 hours of sleep or be a dumb ass and continue to wake up every 2-3 hours. Of course grandma and mimi think I'm crazy, clearly she isn't hungry when she wakes up in the middle of the night...just nurses to fall back to sleep. hhmmmm what to do?!?!?! She still spits up quite a bit but doesn't seem to have any discomfort at all. She's a happy happy baby. She's been rolling over tummy to back since about 4 weeks...it's creepy i know. I took video just because i knew no one would believe me lol. She now rolls to her side from her back. thats how she likes to sleep. She loves the exercaucer and her ocean mat. Laying down is not her favorite thing, she prefers to be sitting in your lap or held facing outward so she can check everything out. She spends most of her day content, sucking on her hand or thumb, smiling, drooling, chatting, and her favorite thing is taking a bath!

Grandma AKA our Mary Poppins arrived on June 7th....My life has been amazing since! She is a huge help. We would not be unpacked if it wasn't for her. Natalie is absolutely loving having her here. She plays in the pool everyday with her, they do crafts, play dress up, and basically do whatever Nat wants all day. She is great with Kaitlyn also of course! Lets not forget she does all my mommy chores while I'm at work! I love having her here just as much as the girls do...if not more. Its like having two mommies in the house. Not to mention we are buds. And get to hang out and have ice cream or a beer every night together while watching HGTV...after the girls are in bed of course :)

I never want her to leave....ever lol.

Fourth of July weekend went by way too fast! We had an awesome time having nicks whole family here. Hung in the pool, at the beach, and just spent time together! Ian (the 3rd brother) proposed to Amanda and she, of course, said yes!! I'm so excited to have another sister!! And attend another Tatge boy wedding!! So very happy for them. It was so fun to introduce Kaitlyn to everyone. She got passed around for 4 days and loved every minute of it. Natalie had a great time with all her Aunts, Uncles and Poppa Gary. She didn't stop talking, playing and swimming the whole visit. She is still talking about everyone. And is already counting down to us visiting WI in November. Too awesome. We miss everyone very much, it was a total blast :)

We are also doing lots of fun things with our friends this summer. Splash Parks, Museums, BBQs, Swim Lessons, the beach, the park etc! So much fun. Ive taken Natalie to a few story times at the library just the two of us...which is totally priceless. Getting to spend time just her and I is my favorite thing to do lately. She is so sweet, so smart, so funny, and growing up so fast. She's my favorite 3 year old :)

The house is really coming along now. Aside from needing to redo our bathroom and replace vanities in the other two, the inside renos are about done. Outside the pool looks incredible! The paint colors look great inside and out, fireplace is gone, and we have even started decorating a bit. Nick did a great job coordinating all the projects and handling all the contractors. We really are making this our dream home. I never want to move! It's just the perfect home for us. So blessed!!

I'm missing tons of little details I'm sure, but I promise it won't be that long in between posts again!




No comments:

Post a Comment