Sunday, May 12, 2013

We are 2! And it's mommy's day :)

Happy 2nd Birthday to our girl :)
It's mother's day today and I feel incredibly blessed. I'm so thankful for my family, my hubby, and of course, the little bean who made me a mommy. She made my tough work week seem insignificant, by saying "love you mommy", for the first time. I think she knew I needed a smile...she didn't just get a smile though, I hugged her as tight as I could for like 3 minutes straight and cried like a baby. She hasn't said it again, but I don't care. It was the awesomest thing I've ever heard....ever! We had a nice relaxing day today. Lots of pool and sun time, we are missing Nick, but are looking forward to spending the weekend with him next week. LOTS-O-TRAVEL!!

Natalie's 2 year checkup was great. She is still a peanut, with a big head (90%tile) lol. She weighed 23 lbs 10 oz (20%tile), and is 33.5 inches tall (50%tile). Dr. Gina was thrilled with her language development. She couldn't believe it was the same little girl she was slightly concerned about 6 months ago. Sentences are flying out of her mouth, she knows all her shapes, tries to sing the ABC's with me, knows a handful of letters, most of her numbers, and all colors. We are working with lots of flashcards. She gets very excited when she gets them right. Holy enthusiasm! And has a new favorite book that Nana bought her that we read several times a day. When she turned 2 I decide I was going to cut out most of her TV time. It's going really well so far. We still watch our "whine down" episode of Little Einsteins before bed. But other than that we may watch one episode of TV in the car if we have a melt down, or an exceptionally long drive. One afternoon last week she woke up on the wrong side of the crib and i gave in. We cuddled and watched a blues clues episode and she was a happy camper afterwards. She much rather play outside, color, play an instrument, or play with toys then watch TV lately. I'm loving it. Every day, at least once, she asks to go either swimming, the zoo, or the beach. Sometimes she even asks to go to "more stores" if we are out running errands. She loves to be OUTSIDE! And wants to be on the go at all times. I feel like a camp coordinator on my days off, but we have a blast. Animals are her favorite thing, followed by anything music related. Our friends Jim & Julie got her a drum set for her birthday...she is actually better than me at it. And uncle rich and jamie got her a princess microphone. She will obviously have a rock band by age 5....we need a basement.

Nat's eating habits are still the same. Dr. Gina put her on an Iron supplement. And I've been pumping in the Kale/spinach smoothies. So hopefully we can get that back up where it needs to be. Other than that she was content with her diet and said to keep trying new food as often as I can tolerate the fight lol. Natalie is very strong willed, she knows what she wants, and discovered whining. for no reason. She even tells you while she is whining, that she is whining....I've been told it's the age. It's a good things she is a cute! Most of the time she is a happy, funny, silly, lovey little girl. So I'll take the whining for now :)

We have lots of the agenda this summer! I'm excited to take trips with her now that she is a little older. I can't promise I'll be blogging anytime soon, but I'll do my best. There is a ton of fun stuff I'm forgetting to talk about, but ill post some pics to help catch up!



Petting zoo with Grandpa Den

Birthday surprise from Mimi & Poppi!

Beach with Aunt Jo


LOVES CORN!!

Photo shoot with miss Georgia!

Zoo with Jamie!

dancing on the porch!



No comments:

Post a Comment