Friday, April 13, 2012

Easter and the upcoming event!!




I cannot believe Natalie's birthday is already here. We are down to 9 days on the countdown people. BIG. DEAL!!! She had a great 2nd Easter. She was only 1 day old on her first Easter and wore a ducky outfit leaving the hospital to be festive! Nick and I raved about how much better our Easter dinner feast was this year. Last year we were in the hospital and my mom brought us whopper jrs and chocolate milk shakes (not bad, but homemade mac takes the cake). We had a nice day, nick made french toast for breakfast. Natalie climbed in and out of her Easter                 
basket all morning. We went to my moms for the afternoon and hung outside until dinner time. 
Nick and I used our new weekend babysitter last friday! She was great, Natalie slept the whole time we were out. And Keri did a good job of keeping me posted. I was a hot mess. 3 beers later, I was less of a hot mess but still talking about it lol. I'll get better, I promise. We went around the corner and had dinner and drinks with some friends. It was definitely nice to get out with the hubby :)

We had an extra busy week this week. Our Monday babysitter Miss Jamie couldn't work, and Nat came to work with me for a few hours. It was fun, she was a good girl, and played with Maria and the girls while I got some work done. We are currently looking for a new babysitter mondays and tuesdays during the week. Jamie is tied up with her other family all summer. I have two potentials lined up, waiting on some references and an interview or two. Fingers crossed. 

This morning we were supposed to do a "1st birthday" photo shoot with my cousin (who is a photographer) at 7:30. Bean had other plans consisting of teething, and being up from 5:00AM until she napped at 8:30! Needless to say I changed things up and we went at 10:00. It wasn't her best day, thats for sure, but Britt is amazing with a camera and managed to get some great shots! We are going to do a few more tomorrow at the playground just because! 

This whole 1st birthday thing has me all over the place. I'm so excited, so amazed, and so want to stop the clock all at once. SIDE NOTE: I really want another baby all the sudden....badly. We will be waiting another year though...dammit....patience V :)

This week coming up should be a blast. Nama arrives from WI on wednesday, daddy also gets home Wednesday this week, and Aunt Jo gets in late thursday night!! My mom is being a huge help as usual! And I know having Peggy and Jo here will
make things nice and easy as the party approaches. I can't wait. We went over board, way too many people lol. But it's ok, just for this birthday, it's very special :)

On another good note, we are doing much better with food the last week. And drinking one bottle a day out of the cup. We have her straw cup with water every meal for the last two months. Trying to get her used to it now. Daddy gave her regular milk and a peanut butter sandwich when I went to the gym yesterday. Hooray for daddies making mommy panic!! However, glad he did it (and not me) and everything was fine!! CAN'T WAIT TO STOP BUYING FORMULA!! lol. 



No comments:

Post a Comment